Sunday 19 February 2012

Review: 88 eyeshadow palette

As many of you will know, eyeshadows are beauty essentials.  They are possibly the most commonly used makeup product and can create a look all on their own.  
So when buying eyeshadows, it is very tricky as they are sold everywhere and it is difficult to know which ones to buy.

This is my 88 eyeshadow palette.  It does not have a brand, the casing is completely black with nothing on it.  You can buy these really cheaply on the internet on various websites such as eBay.  I think this is a great set of eyeshadows to start off with because they are very cheap, there are so many colours, that it can cater for almost all looks, including matte and shimmery colours.  It is probably not best if you want something that you can easily travel around with as it is so big but it's very helpful for cute looks that you want to do at home. 
This palette is so great for those of you who are looking to buy nice beauty products on a budget!  But if you have the money to splurge you'll probably be looking for palettes such as the Urban Decay Naked/ Naked 2 palette or some of the Too Faced eyeshadow palettes, as mentioned in a previous post.
I think eyeshadows is one of the few makeup products that it is okay to buy cheaply because as long as its pretty pigmented and blendable, you can create as many looks as you want.  If you want your eyeshadow to stay on for a long time, that really depends on what primer you use and not so much the staying power of the eyeshadow you use. 


The browns and goldeny colours of this palette are my favourite, mainly because i think it's nice to go for some more subtle, natural looks and I have to say for the price of this product, the eyeshadows really are very nice.
All of these colours are pretty pigmented, I did debate swatching them but I don't think I have enough space on my arm for 88 different colours :P

I hope this has been helpful,
Thank you :)


No comments:

Post a Comment